Monday, December 8, 2008

Bilingu makes eggs

Bilingu is good at making breakfast. 

One day, I said I wanted scrambled eggs.

Bilingu had never seen scrambled eggs before. But since he is a pretty good little cook, and can make good omelettes and friend eggs, I assumed this would not be a problem. I explained in careful, step by step instructions how to make scrambled eggs. [do not flip or overstir, poke in slowly from the sides until the uncooked egg on the top trickles down to the pan and cooks, etc]. I used the very same instructions my own grandmother had given to me many a time. However, I did not go stand in the kitchen with him as he made them. 

Bilingu looked confident.

Sadly, though, the fact that Bilingu had no visual reference point for scrambled eggs made my instructions unfathomable to his Bilingu brain. After he brought me this (below), I then showed him a real picture of scrambled eggs.



Bilingu was wrong. I sent the pictures to my grandmother. 

No comments: